|Membership >> CS Job Openings|
|Company Description||The Company Secretarial function leads, develops and manages corporate governance throughout the Group. As principal advisors to the boards of directors on corporate governance matters, the team also holds responsibility for establishing and managing stock exchange listings; directing and managing shareholder meetings and equity raisings, and representing Group interests in the development of laws and regulations.|
|Classified Start Date||28 Dec 2018|
|Position||Assistant Company Secretary - Company Secretary|
|Job Description||Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
The Company Secretarial function leads, develops and manages corporate governance throughout the Group. As principal advisors to the boards of directors on corporate governance matters, the team also holds responsibility for establishing and managing stock exchange listings; directing and managing shareholder meetings and equity raisings, and representing Group interests in the development of laws and regulations.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Company Secretary.
In this role, you will:
• Provide full company secretarial support, as the named Company Secretary, to a portfolio of subsidiary companies within Hong Kong consistent with HSBC Group corporate governance standards and expectations
• Provide direct support to the Boards, their Committees, non-executive directors and senior management on all corporate governance matters. Responsible for building networks and relationships with key stakeholders
• Understand and act upon changes in legislation and regulation within Hong Kong, including with regard to the continuing obligations of HSBC Holdings plc and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
• Contribute to the development of strategic and operational objectives of the Global Company Secretarial function in Asia-Pacific as appropriate
|Minimum Qualifications||To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Qualified company secretary or lawyer
• Graduate with a professional qualification and solid relevant experience, possessing and applying comprehensive knowledge of their specialist area
• Leadership, management and communication skills
• Lateral thinking, problem solving and creativity
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills including the maintenance and development of relationships with experienced professionals
• Knowledge of the HSBC Group and an understanding of its corporate culture is desirable
|Application Method||For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000C8BF.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
|Length of Working Experience||4 to 6 years|
|Monthly Salary Range|
|Application Deadline||27 Jan 2019|