The HKICS Council has resolved to align with the practice of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) going forward by changing the HKICS financial year end date from 31 July to 30 June effective from the next financial year 2016/2017. As a result, the HKICS financial year 2016/2017 will run from 1 August 2016 to 30 June 2017, which covers an 11-month period.
The change of the financial year end date has no impact on the studentship fee payment.
An administration charge of HK$600 (HK$650 in 2017/2018) will be applied to studentship registrations submitted within the following specific periods for taking the corresponding examinations in June and December.
An administration fee of HK$650 (HK$700 in 2017/2018) per exemptions re-application will be charged to students who do not settle their exemption fees as approved within the due date.
1. All fees are payable to HKICS in Hong Kong dollars by cheque, credit card, EPS or Octopus.
2. Where registration and exemption fees are to be revised from 1st July in any year, applications received at the Secretariat by 30th June will be charged at the old rate and from 1st July at the new rate.
3. Examination fees apply to particular sittings of the examination and include a basic processing fee, plus a fee for each subject entered.
4. Student renewal fees are due each year on the anniversary of the date of initial registration. Failure to pay the renewal fee will result in removal from the student register. Students will be removed from the register if their renewals are overdue for three months. Changes of address and personal details should therefore be reported promptly.
5. A postponement fee is payable where the Institute allows the transfer of an examination entry from one session to the next.
6. Graduate fees are payable when students have successfully completed all the examination requirements and are automatically admitted to Graduateship.
7. All fees, charges and subscriptions are subject to amendment at the discretion of the Council.