|20 Jun 2019||Application to be Potential Members of the Market Misconduct Tribunal – The Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau|
The Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau (FSTB) has invited the Institute to nominate suitable members to be potential members of the Market Misconduct Tribunal (MMT). We would like to invite Institute members who are interested in the position to apply.
The MMT was established under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Chapter 571) in 2003 to deal with six types of market misconduct and breach of the disclosure requirements on price sensitive information by listed corporations. Each MMT case is chaired by a chairman appointed by the Chief Executive and assisted by two ordinary members drawn from the community on the basis of their experience and expertise in the financial services-related sectors. The ordinary members are appointed by the Financial Secretary on a case-by-case basis for each MMT case.
According to the FSTB, the nominees should:
a. have at least ten years of experience in a professional field; and
b. not have any conviction or disciplinary record by the professional bodies or the Securities and Futures Commission (irrespective when the record was established), or be subject to any ongoing investigation of the above entities.
Upon receiving the nominations, the Government will conduct a screening based on the criteria as stipulated above.
The FSTB advises that this invitation exercise should not be construed as a formal appointment as the ordinary member of the MMT. The Government reserves the right to accept or not accept any nomination(s). Any nominated individual should under no circumstances designate himself/herself as a potential member of the MMT.
Interested members must complete and return the following to the Institute Secretariat by 6.00pm, Monday, 24 June 2019. Please mark ‘Confidential – Application to be Potential Members of the Market Misconduct Tribunal – The Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau’ on the sealed envelope. Please note that any application without the provision of sufficient information as stated in (1) and (2) below will not be entertained. The Institute has the discretion to carry out the selection process without further consultation with applicants. The selected candidate’s curriculum vitae will be forwarded to the FSTB for further consideration.
(1) A duly completed curricular vitae using the template available HERE; and
(2) The following information on a separate sheet:
- Name of the applicant;
- Position and Organisation; and
- Contact Tel No. / Email address.
For queries regarding the nomination exercise, please contact Ken Yiu at 2830 6017.
Statement on Collection of Personal Data:
1. Your supply of personal data to HKICS is on a voluntary basis.
2. The information provided by you to HKICS will be used for purposes relating to the subject application.
3. The information provided by you in relation to this application may be made available to the related companies, Council and committees of the HKICS or government bodies or regulators, as may be necessary for the above purposes.
4. Apart from the purposes stated above, your personal information will not be transferred to any other parties, unless such parties are authorised by law and request the information.
5. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have a right to request access to and correction of your personal data. Such requests may be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer at 3/F, Hong Kong Diamond Exchange Building, 8 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong or by email to us at email@example.com