|News >> China Affairs|
|28 Nov 2015||Institute members and Affiliated Persons elected to the CAPCO Board Secretary Committee|
On 28 November 2015, a number of Institute members and Affiliated Persons (AP) were elected to the Board Secretary Committee (the Committee) of the China Association for Public Companies (CAPCO) for the coming year.
Institute AP Huang Qing of China Shenhua Energy Company Ltd was elected as Chairman of the Committee, while Institute Vice-President Dr Gao Wei FCIS FCS(PE) and other three APs, namely Xie Bing of China Southern Airlines, Zheng Yong of China Life Insurance (Group) Company, Luo Binhua of Guangfa Securities Co Ltd, were elected as Vice-Chairmen of the Committee.
In addition, an Institute member and seven APs were elected as executive committee members as listed below.
• Guo Xiangdong FCIS FCS, Board Secretary, Guangshen Railway Company Ltd
• Rao Xinyu, Board Secretary, Air China Ltd
• Gui Yuchan, Board Secretary, Dalian Port Company Ltd
• Zhou Dongzhou, Board Secretary, China Coal Energy Company Ltd
• Zhou Lianqing, Board Secretary, Huadian Power International Corporation Ltd
• Jin Shaoliang, Board Secretary, Pingan Insurance (Group) Company of China Ltd
• Li Qian, Board Secretary, BYD Company Ltd
• Guo Huawei, Board Secretary, China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company
This CAPCO Committee promotes the professionalisation of board secretaries and advocates the principle of self-regulation for board secretarial professionals. This is also a key area of co-operation between the Institute and CAPCO under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in July 2015.