|News >> General|
|29 Dec 2017||Recruitment - Project Manager (Knowledge Development) [Full time/Part time]|
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
(Incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee)
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) is looking for a highly motivated and capable candidate to maintain and enhance the knowledge and standard of members in the post of Project Manager (Knowledge Development) [Full time/Part time].
The Institute is a leading professional body in Hong Kong, dedicated to supporting and promoting the role of Chartered Secretaries through education, training, the development and implementation of policy, as well as effective communication and public advocacy. Through its work HKICS has become a major contributor to the ongoing strengthening of corporate governance practices and policies in Hong Kong.
HKICS was founded in Hong Kong over 65 years ago and now has over 5,800 members and 3,200 students. The scope of our work and influence is not only local, but regional and global. In Mainland China, HKICS is playing an active role in the development of the profession. Our international connections take the form as the China Division of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) in London, as well as our role as a founder member, in 2010, of Corporate Secretaries International Association (currently known as Corporate Secretaries International Association Limited) which seeks to give a global voice to corporate secretaries and governance professionals.
HKICS presently employs over thirty-five staff in Hong Kong and Beijing, under the executive leadership of our Chief Executive, who in turn reports to an elected President and Council. As part of the ongoing reinforcement of HKICS's organisation and capabilities, in line with its continuing growth and success, the Institute is now looking for a Project Manager (Knowledge Development) [Full time/Part time].
Working with colleagues, and reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of HKICS’s new qualifying and learning programmes (NQP) for Chartered Secretarial and Chartered Governance Professionals to meet the needs of the market and regulatory environment.
Within those overarching responsibilities, the candidate will be expected to:-
- Plan and develop the NQP to fulfil the knowledge requirement for the admission to membership to ICSA/HKICS
- Plan and implement the NQP to meet the market needs and regulatory environment
- Plan and organise promotional activities of NQP
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure the smooth launch of NQP
- Execute measures to manage the quality of NQP and the learning programmes and projects
- Collaborate and liaise with internal departments, external partners, trainers, writers, examiners and subject experts to strengthen and expand resources for HKICS
- Plan and develop the Assessment Quality Assurance Framework
- Undertake specific knowledge development related projects or assignments at the Chief Executive’s request.
Subject to the candidate's own skillset and motivation, it is expected that the candidate will have the opportunity to make a wider contribution to HKICS as a member of its management team, including through oversight of other assessment quality and assurance matters.
The key requirements for this job are a strong knowledge development expertise and experience, excellent inter-personal skills, self-motivation and thoroughness. Within those broader capabilities we expect that the preferred candidate will have/be:-
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business, management, marketing or related field; with post-graduate degree an advantage
- 4 to 6 years’ relevant working experience at supervisory level; experience with professional institute or NGO preferred
- A Member of ICSA/HKICS an advantage
- Highly motivated personality and a team player
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organisation in a fast paced, changing environment
- Good organisational skills and attentive to details
- Excellent communication skills with experience in organising functions and events
- Competent spoken and written skills in English and Putonghua/Chinese
HKICS offers a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. HKICS also supports professional and career development through ongoing training and education for committed staff.
Interested parties are invited to submit a full resume with current and expected salary as well as the earliest available date by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Project Manager (Knowledge Development)”. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Selected candidates are required to take a written test on English and Chinese correspondence.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.)