|Title||ICSA’s new initiatives – invitation to members forum (for fellows & associates only) (1 CPD point)|
|Date||2 August or 9 August 2017|
|Time||6.45pm – 8.15pm|
|Venue||Room 1 & 2, United Conference Centre, 10/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong|
With reference to the message1 from the President of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) of April 2017 and his recent email2, the ICSA Council has resolved to seek its members’ approval to the following two strategic initiatives that will position ICSA to evolve, grow and maintain sustainability by enhancing its reach:-
1. to introduce a new designation to be called Chartered Governance Professional for individuals who work in diverse governance roles that will rank alongside Chartered Secretary; and
2. to introduce an intermediate class of membership: Affiliated Members that will not be Chartered for students who have completed the core part of the new qualifying programme.
Please find more details regarding these new initiatives on ICSA’s webpage3.
As a member of a mature ICSA Division: the China/Hong Kong Division, HKICS members, as Chartered Secretaries, currently play an important role in ensuring companies, in particular listed companies, comply with all the applicable laws, rules and regulations. Accordingly, the HKICS Council has determined the course of implementation of these ICSA initiatives in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Please refer to the letter4 from Mr Ivan Tam FCIS FCS, HKICS President and ICSA China/Hong Kong Committee Chairman.
The Institute would like to invite members (fellows and associates) to attend ONE of the members forawith details set out below to explain these proposals and to learn of members’ views and answer questions that members might have on the initiatives. The capacity of each forum is limited and seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please confirm your attendance by completing the online registration form5 on or before Friday, 21 July 2017.
For registration enquiries, please contact Ms Vicky Lui at 2830 6088 or email@example.com.
For ICSA new initiatives enquiries, please contact Ms Louisa Lau, Registrar, at 2830 6008; or Ms Lydia Kan, Director of Professional Development, at 2830 6001 or ICSAinfo@hkics.org.hk.
1. Message from ICSA President
2. Recent email from ICSA President
3. ICSA’s webpage: www.icsaglobal.org/proposed-charter-byelaw-changes/
4. Letter from HKICS President
5. Online registration form