The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
(Incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee)
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) is looking for a highly motivated and capable candidate to maintain and promote the knowledge and standard of members in the post of Assistant Manager, Education and Examinations.
The Institute is a leading professional body in Hong Kong, dedicated to supporting and promoting the role of Chartered Secretaries and governance professionals through education, training, the development and implementation of policy, as well as effective communication and public advocacy. Through its work HKICS has become a major contributor to the ongoing strengthening of corporate governance practices and policies in Hong Kong.
HKICS was first established in 1949 as an association of Hong Kong members of The Chartered Governance Institute, formerly known as The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) of London. It was a branch of The Chartered Governance Institute in 1990 before gaining local status in 1994 and has also been The Chartered Governance Institute’s China Division since 2005. HKICS is a founder member of Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA), which was established in March 2010 in Geneva, Switzerland. In 2017, CSIA was relocated to Hong Kong where it operates as a company limited by guarantee. CSIA aims to give a global voice to corporate secretaries and governance professionals. HKICS has more than 6,000 members and 3,200 students.
HKICS presently employs over forty staff in Hong Kong and Beijing, under the executive leadership of our Chief Executive, who in turn reports to an elected President and Council. As part of the ongoing reinforcement of HKICS's organisation and capabilities, in line with its continuing growth and success, the Institute is now looking for three Officers, Administration.
Assistant Manager, Education and Examinations (AM EE 2020)
- Assist the Education and Examination Department Head to:
- implement and monitor the assessment assurance quality framework in examination, exemption and registration matters
- Plan and implement promotional activities to Institute’s stakeholders
- Provide secretarial support to the Education Committee and its panels
- Prepare the department’s budget and mid-year forecast of the department
- Organise services and support to students in preparing the examinations
- Coordinate and liaise internally and externally in maintaining smooth operations of the departments
- Assist ad hoc projects assigned by Chief Executive/Director
- Degree/Associate Degree or above
- 3-4 years relevant working experience preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua included)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Highly motivated, well-organised, attentive to details, able to work independently and handle multi tasks
- A good team player, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadline, willing to work outside office hours
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office and Chinese word processing
- Immediate availability is preferred
We offer a 5-day week (plus one Saturday per month). Interested parties please send full resume with current and expected salary as well as earliest available date by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “AM EE 2020”. Selected candidates are required to take a written test.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only).