The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
(Incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee)
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) is looking for a highly motivated and capable candidate to maintain and promote the knowledge and standard of members in the post of Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications.
The Institute is a leading professional body in Hong Kong, dedicated to supporting and promoting the role of Chartered Secretaries and governance professionals through education, training, the development and implementation of policy, as well as effective communication and public advocacy. Through its work HKICS has become a major contributor to the ongoing strengthening of corporate governance practices and policies in Hong Kong.
HKICS was first established in 1949 as an association of Hong Kong members of The Chartered Governance Institute, formerly known as The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) of London. It was a branch of ICSA in 1990 before gaining local status in 1994 and has also been ICSA’s China/Hong Kong Division since 2005.
HKICS is a founder member of Corporate Secretaries International Association (CSIA) which was established in March 2010 in Geneva, Switzerland. In 2017, CSIA was relocated to Hong Kong in which it operates as a company limited by guarantee. CSIA aims to give a global voice for corporate secretaries and governance professionals.
HKICS has over 6,000 members and 3,200 students.
HKICS presently employs over forty staff in Hong Kong and Beijing, under the executive leadership of our Chief Executive, who in turn reports to an elected President and Council. As part of the ongoing reinforcement of HKICS's organisation and capabilities, in line with its continuing growth and success, the Institute is now looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications.
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications (Ref: MKT2020)
- Play a major role in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies for the Institute
- Manage social media presence and direct programmes to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Ensure the marketing objectives are delivered by the marketing team
- Collaborate closely with and support operating teams to the organisation of events and activities
- Oversee and supervise the work of the marketing team for clear and effective communication with members, students and stakeholders
- Prepare and control budget for all marketing and communications activities
- Lead and supervise on marketing collaterals development
- Undertake ad hoc projects as assigned by the Chief Executive
- Bachelor Degree or above in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related disciplines
- At least 8 years hands-on working experience in marketing or corporate communications at managerial level, experience in CRM system a plus
- Candidates with less relevant work experience will be considered for the post of Marketing Manager
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, knowledge in Putonghua is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility
- Candidate with strong experience in PR and digital/social media highly preferred
We offer a 5-day week (plus one Saturday morning per month). Interested parties please send full resume with current and expected salary as well as earliest available date by e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote 'MKT2020'. Selected candidates are required to take a written test.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.)