The Office of the Clerk to the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance) (‘the Board’) has invited the Institute to recommend suitable members to apply for Board Membership. We would like to invite Institute Fellows and Associates who are interested in the position to apply.
Please refer to the following documents for further information:
1. The Invitation Letter from the Board
2. Information Leaflet – Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance)
3. Curriculum Vitae Form
According to the Board, applicants must:
- possess at least 10 years’ experience in their profession; a few positions may be opened to exceptional candidates with between 7 and 10 years’ of professional experience;
- be in a profession which has close affiliations with the workings of the Inland Revenue Ordinance; and
- not be involved in the provision of tax services in their daily work in order to avoid possible conflict of interests.
The Government attaches importance to public participation and engagement, particularly among young people. Young members aged under 35 meeting the above criteria are most welcomed to give the youth more opportunities to participate in public affairs.
The coming appointment exercise of the Board will take place in January 2022. Successful applicants will receive their appointment letters in the 4th quarter of 2021 and their appointments will take effect from 1 January 2022 for a period of three years.
Interested members must complete and return the curriculum vitae form by post or in person to the Institute Secretariat by 6.00pm, Tuesday 20 April 2021. Please mark ‘Confidential – Application for Membership of Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance)’ on the sealed envelope.
The Institute has the discretion to carry out the selection process without further consultation with the applicants. The selected candidate’s curriculum vitae will be forwarded to the Board for further consideration.
For queries regarding the nomination exercise, please contact Ms Vicky Lui: 2830 6088 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.