|Who can apply?
A qualified lawyer or accountant:
- who has not previously registered as an HKICS student may apply with their first HKICS studentship registration;
- who is a current HKICS student may apply on accumulating at least five years’ relevant post-qualifying experience.
To qualify for the Fast Track Professional route, applicants must provide evidence that:
- You are a lawyer or accountant with a recognised professional body; and
- You are a current member in good standing of your professional body; and
- You have maintained your professional status as a lawyer or accountant for at least five years; and
- You have gained at least five years’ experience, since you qualified as a lawyer or accountant, which is relevant to the role of a Chartered Secretary and/or Chartered Governance Professional (note 1); and
- The first relevant degree that led to the professional qualification should not be more than 10 years old; and
- The law degree should have included Corporate or Company Law.
For application requirements of the Fast Track Professional route, please click HERE.
Note 1: Application where the first relevant degree led to the professional qualification is over 10 years will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants should submit the application form (EE013c) with all the required documents to the Secretariat in person, by post or email:
- Applicants who have not previously registered as HKICS students should apply for the Fast Track Professional route with the first HKICS studentship registration.
- Applicants who are currently HKICS students may apply for further exemptions under the Fast Track Professional route.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Institute. An interview will be arranged if required.
- Applicants will be notified of the result of their application within two months of submission of the application.
- Unsuccessful applicants shall be assessed for module exemptions based on their relevant recognised university degrees and/or professional qualifications (applicable for new HKICS students).
All applications are subject to the final decision of the Institute. To know more about the routes of entry and exemption, please click HERE.
Introduction session to the Fast Track Professional route
The Institute is organising an introduction session to the Fast Track Professional route on Thursday 28 January 2021, to provide further information on the eligibility and application procedures of the Fast Track Professional route. All interested parties are welcome to join.
For details and registration, please click HERE.