The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries
Fee Structure for students
# The 10% relief is applicable for existing students for the financial year 2020/2021.
Rules and Regulations for payment
1. All fees are payable to HKICS in Hong Kong dollars by EPS, UnionPay (In person), cheque, bank draft (with student registration number written on the back), Chartered Secretaries American Express card, VISA and MasterCard.
2. Where registration and exemption fees are to be revised from 1st July in any year, applications received at the Secretariat by 30th June will be charged at the old rate and from 1st July at the new rate.
3. Examination fees apply to particular sittings of the examinations and include a basic processing fee, plus a fee for each module entered.
4. Student renewal fees are due each year on the anniversary of the date of initial registration. Failure to pay the renewal fee will result in removal from the student register. Students will be removed from the register if their renewals are overdue for two months. Changes of address and personal details should therefore be reported promptly.
5. A postponement fee is payable where the Institute allows the transfer of an examination entry from one session to the next.
6. Graduate fees are payable when students have successfully completed all the examination requirements and are automatically admitted to Graduateship.
7. All fees, charges and subscriptions are subject to amendment at the discretion of the Council.