||Jardine Matheson Limited|
||Jardine Matheson is a diversified business group focused principally on Asia. The Group’s interests include Jardine Pacific, Jardine International Motors, Hongkong Land, Dairy Farm, Mandarin Oriental, and Astra International. These companies are leaders in the fields of engineering and construction, transport services, property investment and development, retailing, restaurants, luxury hotels, motor vehicles and related activities, financial services, heavy equipment, mining and agribusiness.
Jardine Matheson Limited operates from Hong Kong and provides management services to Group companies, making available senior management and providing financial, legal, human resources and treasury support services throughout the Group.
|Classified Start Date
||Company Secretarial Assistant (4 months contract)|
||The job exists to ensure that business actions and decisions are made in accordance with appropriate governance principles. The role focuses on:
• Managing the company secretarial function for certain operating and non-operating subsidiaries in a “best practice” corporate governance manner;
• Providing support to the Secretarial Manager JMH JSH, Secretarial Manager Non-Listed Companies and Senior Company Secretary in relation to the company secretarial function for Jardine Matheson Group;
• Working as a team with other company secretaries in the Jardine Matheson Group to ensure consistent processes and procedures;
• Managing the Group’s and its subsidiaries’ company registers and other files (including primary responsibility for the maintenance of our electronic corporate register system);
• Assisting in the preparation of board minutes and circular resolutions, distributing board papers, reviewing company statements; and
• Assisting in preparing and lodging all required forms with the local and overseas regulators and security exchanges; and
• Assisting in managing various other group requirements and ad hoc due diligence requests.
Major accountabilities of position
• Developing clear and measurable objectives for yourself and agree them with the Secretarial Manager JMH JSH.
• Establishing working relationship with Group Secretariat peers across the Group to ensure a comprehensive understanding of business obligations and responsibilities.
• Raising business awareness of the role of the subsidiary board and committees and their relationship with same.
• Contribute to a sense of community and connectivity within Group Secretariat team, and actively suggests ways in which the Group Secretariat culture can be enhanced.
Planning – Operational Delivery
• Attend board and committee meetings of Jardine Matheson Limited and Jardine Pacific companies, taking minutes and recording issues raised, decisions made and action to be taken.
• Assist with the preparation of the Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited and Jardine Strategic Holdings Limited Annual Reports and annual and half-yearly financial statements.
• Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of shareholders meetings including the Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited and Jardine Strategic Holdings Limited Annual General Meetings.
• Prepare concert parties announcements and disclosure of Directors interests notices.
• Prepare London Stock Exchange announcements for Jardine Cycle and Carriage and Astra International.
• Prepare Board papers and resolutions for Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited, Jardine Strategic Holdings Limited and Jardine Matheson Limited.
• Prepare Jardines’ Shareholding Analysis report.
• Produce information regarding business activities and/or intentions as required by external regulatory bodies (e.g. HKMA reports) and/or subsidiary board and committee (e.g. scrip dividend process).
• Maintain numerous company registers and other records including the maintenance of Jardines’ electronic corporate register system.
• Timely filing of all regulatory statutory lodgements and notifications.
• Coordination of appointments and resignations of subsidiary board and committee members.
• Assist Senior Company Secretary where appropriate.
• Assist Deputy Group Company Secretary where appropriate.
• Assist other Company Secretaries where appropriate.
• Look for solutions to issues.
• Assess business proposals and determine appropriate level of decision-making. Escalate relevant issues to appropriate business unit or subsidiary Board and Committee.
• Ability to influence outcomes beyond the individual’s area of direct responsibility.
• Remains calm and professional in challenging situations and instils confidence in others.
• Promotes the value of the Group Secretariat ‘brand’ and reputation with key stakeholders and demonstrates the Group’s values.
• Confidentiality, sensitivity and discretion
• Good communication skills and proficiency in both English and Chinese
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Strong process/systems organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Good analytical skills
• Computer skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Generates innovative solutions by trying different and novel ways of dealing with problems & opportunities
• Maintains personal effectiveness even when under pressure
• Open to and invites ideas, new information and diverse perspectives
• Reflects on experience in ways that create insight and improve effectiveness
• Responds to criticism and negative results by seeking to understand possible lessons
Knowledge and Experience
• University graduate preferred.
• 3 years of relevant experience.
• Chartered Secretaries qualification or willingness to complete.
• Relevant company secretarial experience, including administration of listed companies and offshore companies, regulatory lodgements (preferable).
• Experience with supporting the administration of board and committee meetings (preferable).
||Please send your CV to email@example.com|
|Length of Working Experience
||Less than 1 year|
|Monthly Salary Range
||20,000 to 49,999|
||08 Feb 2021|